Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sadie's Pink Elephants!

So, I've been sitting on this knitting project for kind of a while; it was mostly finished but I just had to block it and sew on the buttons. The pattern is Ella Funt, which I found on Ravelry. Lately, when I do my knitting projects, I'm usually trying out something new, to challenge myself. This is the first time I've completed a project with that fair-isle style colorwork you see on the yoke. It's not particularly hard, as long as you don't tangle the yarn!  On to the pictures! Oh, and some of them aren't as good--the batteries on BOTH cameras were dead, and I found some weird corrosion on my battery charger so I didn't think I should use it. So a few of the pictures of just the sweater are phone pics.

This picture is pre-blocking, but I think it still looks OK.

I told her to dance

I know nothing can compete with my little model, but here are a few closer-ups so you can see the pattern a bit better:

The buttons!

And just a few notes on the "knitty-gritty:" The pattern as written has you making the background for the yoke the same color as the rest of the sweater, but I wanted it to have a different background. So once I got to the yoke chart, I just switched. The elephants are done in a bit of a variegated yarn, so some of them register better than others, but it's a yarn I had in my stash so I went with it.

Well that's it for now! I hope to have something else to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment