Friday, November 14, 2014

Sadie's Room

So, as you probably know, if you know us and/or read this blog, Sadie had been sleeping in our bed. We would put her in her crib, in the bedroom, between 7 and 8, and then when we went to bed she would typically wake up and move to our bed (I think once or twice she slept until 4 or 5). Eventually, this became really difficult because she would wake up but then not sleep, not even sit still in the bed. She would just keep trying to crawl off and I would have to get up and walk around with her until she went back to sleep. We realized this was just not sustainable, practical, or good for any of us, so I came up with a solution.

I decided to make the living room into "Sadie's Room," and move the couch and TV into the bedroom. Here is a before and after:

Before


After

I am still needing to figure out a way to divide the room that doesn't involve drilling into anything. I had a curtain sort of attached to the roof beam you can see. I'm not sure how well it comes out in the pictures, but the room is sort of architecturally weird. Dividing the room at that beam would make part of it extremely narrow; there is a more natural division where the kitchen wall thing is. I have a before shot of the bedroom, but it's not really in a state to take an "after" right now. I can't really have more than one room clean at a time.

So, Sadie took to her new room extremely well. She goes to sleep as easily as she did before. We have a had a few nights where she had trouble sleeping, or woke up because she was hungry or needed a diaper, but it's working out really well. I guess the only thing is that she wakes up a bit earlier than I'd like--but that's ok because we can take a nap together later in the day.

And just for fun here are a few more pics of Sadie.





No comments:

Post a Comment