Saturday, May 17, 2014

Q: What's the Difference Between a Dentist and a Sadist?

A: Newer magazines.

A few weeks ago, I had my first dentist appointment in both Germany and five years. I was not looking forward to it. Basically, this is how I feel about the dentist:


We saw this painting in Dresden and it spoke to my soul.

One of the things I hate most about the dentist is how Judgey McJudgerson they get on you. They are always telling you what you are doing (or not doing) wrong. Add to that the Germans' genetic need to criticize anything that isn't done perfectly and you have a scary situation. My brushing habits are not as good as they should be, and my flossing can best be described as "annual," so I was anticipating a pretty painful visit.

I was pleasantly surprised. I had no cavities, just a bit of gum infection, for which they prescribed some antiseptic mouthwash. The cleaning wasn't *that* bad, either. I'm not like, champing at the bit to go back, but it was really a lot better than an American dentist visit. Plus, it's included in our insurance, so we are definitely coming out ahead on this!


Dentists. Who needs them?

No comments:

Post a Comment